question

aminb avatar image
aminb asked

Clean or inactive old VE.Bus System Alarm in VRM

Hello,

In the alarm log of VRM, I still have (for more than 2 years) an active alarm log, despite, of course the incident been closed since a long time.

It is not major issue, expect that every time I connect to VRM, I have this "VE.Bus System Overload" red bar on top screen, and need to check if this is ot a new one. Every time, fortunately, I only find this old log "VE.Bus System Alarm rule Overload 2018-10-30 08:47:23 Active".

How can I delete or inactive it, so that if I have a new alarm, I will immediately see it having it display in the red bar instead of the permanent old one?

If nothing possible on my side, can someone at Victron delete it on the VRM back-end.

?

Thanks

Amîn

alarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Teun Lassche avatar image
Teun Lassche answered ·

Hi @aminb,

I've cleared the alarm for you. As of today you can also do this yourself from the alarm logs page:

screenshot-2021-02-08-at-104606.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aminb avatar image
aminb answered ·

Thank you very much!

Just to be sure for next time:

I guess the window you screen-copied is triggered when clicking on the three dots at the end of the alarm line that we can see on your screen copy?

Because I do not see any of these three dots in my on-line alarm log page, I imagine these are only visible in case of an active alarm: you confirm?

1 comment
2 |3000

That is correct, it is only visible if an alarm is active:

cleanshot-2021-02-08-at-212333.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
sf777 avatar image
sf777 answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) 0396-2510-2023.png

Hi.

Is there any way to remove these alarms from my installation? They are remnants from the old installation and are thus irrelevant.

Thanks for help.

0396-2510-2023.png (127.5 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @sf777,

For now there is no way to remove old alarms from the Alarm log, aside from deleting the installation (along with all other historical data) and starting again fresh.

0 Likes 0 ·
sf777 avatar image sf777 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

It's a pity.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic