question

falco avatar image
falco asked

MultiPlus UPS function not working sometimes.

MultiPlus 12/800/35-16 with firmware v476, having problems with the MultiPlus UPS function not working sometimes. If I activate the circuit breaker leading into the multiplus, the UPS function kicks in every time. If I get a power failure from the mains, the UPS function works, probably only about 20% of the time.

When the UPS fails to work, If I cut all 12v power with circuit breaker, it seems to reset the MultiPlus and then its starts "ïnverting"

This is a new development, and has worked flawlessly for about 6 months.

Any body have any suggestions.

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

It just turns off completely without an error (red LED) and you have to disconnect the DC power to reset the device?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

update to Fw478 there was some abnormal reboot issue with 476

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

falco avatar image
falco answered ·

To answer Mathias question its a green light on the inverter when this happens.

Battery is a 200 ah lifePo4

Photo 3 is when the inverter is working correctly.

Cant find a firmware any where on the internet, so cant upgrade.

IMG_6199.PNG

IMG_6202.PNG

IMG_6203.PNG

img-6199.png (350.5 KiB)
img-6202.png (311.1 KiB)
img-6203.png (289.4 KiB)
img-6203.png (289.4 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
Cant find a firmware any where on the internet, so cant upgrade.

You need to make an account here.

But latest VictronConnect should also have FW478.

For firmware update of a Multiplus, the MK3-USB interface is required.

0 Likes 0 ·
falco avatar image falco seb71 commented ·

Thanks for your reply Seb. I am awaiting a OTG adaptor for my phone so I can try the firmware update on Victron Connect. Is this going to solve my problem though. This Victron setup has worked ok for six months, on the v476 firmware. Anyhow I have the Mk3 to USB interface so will try the firmware upgrade. I'm starting to think this may be the battery though. Its only a month old.

0 Likes 0 ·