question

oceanwolfe avatar image
oceanwolfe asked

Why can one who answers a question mark it as "accepted"?

Trying to understand why someone who offers an answer to a question can then mark it as "answered" whether or not it is?

I asked a question about the availability of CAD images for Victron components. A person trying to be helpful directed me to a different answer, which talked about 3D CAD images. I then realized my question wasn't clear as I was seeking images to use with 2D CAD software. I replied to him in the original thread clarifying that while I appreciated his response, I was seeking something different.

Since then, he has twice marked my question "answered", even though it has not been. Since I"m still hoping someone can help me with 2D CAD images, I'd rather it wasn't pulled from the unanswered list.

victron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Oceanwolfe

You should be able to remove/unaccept it.

Almost everyone has access to accept answers, and it’s helpful because many question askers do not return to mark them as accepted even when the answers are correct.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

oceanwolfe avatar image
oceanwolfe answered ·

I have unaccepted it...twice so far.

I do understand the problem with not getting answers accepted. It wasn't obvious to me for quite a while that this was something needing done.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic