question

Tom avatar image
Tom asked

Multiplus Not Switching to Shore Power

I have a Multiplus 3000/120 with 30 AMP shorepower connection. The UPS setting is disabled.

My Multiplus was automatically switching to shorepower when connected but I discovered this morning that its not switching over to shorepower to charge my Victron 200aHr batteries. I have not changed any settings in several months.

I checked my wiring and I'm receiving 120 volts to the terminals inside the Multiplus & batteries chare via alternator and solar panels.

Where do I look next?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Apologies... just realized that I had not closed this one. The Multiplus was replaced via warranty replacement.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Do you have a MK3-USB interface? It could help to see why grid is rejected.

1 comment
2 |3000

Tom avatar image Tom commented ·

I uploaded a screenshot. Where should I be looking for specifics on why the AC1 is disconnected? thanks again for the assistance.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Yes, I do...tell me what to look for. I dont remember see any alerts when I look at the Multiplus earlier.

1 comment
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

VE Configure 3 will highlight the issues it finds (such as frequency too low or too high, Over/under voltage).

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Attached is a screen shot from Victron Connect...not sure why the AC input is disconnected. I checked my Cerbo and there was overcharge notification two weeks ago.

I'm using the recommended settings from an authorized installer; I called them the other day and we verified the settings.

Also, nothing happens when I manually switch it to charge or do the same via the GX panel/Cerbo.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.chargerissue.png

chargerissue.png (58.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

I said to check with VE Configure 3, not with VictronConnect.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

ve3screenshot.pngApologies...I'm attaching a screen shot. No assistants are loaded. Let me know if you need additional info.

ve3screenshot.png (218.7 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

alan avatar image alan commented ·

This show no voltage on the AC1 input. If there is voltage on the input terminals verified by a multimeter I'd say its faulty.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image Tom alan commented ·

Thank you Alan...I have opened a service request with the provider and they have opened a service request with Victron to get it replaced/repaired.

Tom

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Thanks for the responses...I forgot to update this question. Multiplus was replaced by repair service.

1 comment
2 |3000

strockerace avatar image strockerace commented ·
Tom, did you ever figure out what the problem is. I have the same issue with mine.

I have it plugged into shore power but nothing registers.

0 Likes 0 ·