question

tonyhiscock avatar image
tonyhiscock asked

Can't reset Pin Code on BMV-712

I am having trouble connecting to my BMV-712 in the VictronConnect app. It cycles to 20% three times then I get an error. I have followed all the troubleshooting steps but when I try to reset the Pin Code (one of the steps) I put the PUK code in but it just says "busy" then after a few seconds I get another error message. I am certain I am using the correct PUK code, so what is going wrong?

Thanks

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

Was the phone ever connected to the BMV-712? If so, have you tried to "forget" the BMV-712 in the bluetooth menu of the phone?

By the way, what is the error message you are seeing? Can you make a screenshot and post it here?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tonyhiscock avatar image
tonyhiscock answered ·

Hi, yes phone and iPad both used to connect without problem. Can't connect on either now. We have tried the "forget" option, have cleared the cache in the app, have deleted and reinstalled the app.

This is what I'm getting on attempting to reset the Pin code - this is after I've entered the PUK code.

screenshot-2021-02-04-12-52-27-488-comvictronenerg.jpg

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

Please try again after power cycling the BMV-712 by disconnecting it from the shunt for 2 minutes and then reconnecting it. (This might reset the SOC until the next synchronization).

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

tonyhiscock avatar image
tonyhiscock answered ·

Ok, thank you, I will try that. Will doing that affect any other settings as the engineer who installed our system did modify a number of the parameters when commissioning? We have 3 X 150ah Victron LiFePo4 batteries installed on a narrowboat. Will we lose the history records?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi,

Parameters and history records should not be lost, although maybe the cycle/discharges/charges might be off by 1, depending on when it is disconnected.

When you have a VE.Direct USB cable and a laptop/macbook available, VictronConnect can be used to store the settings of the BMV, just to be sure.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
tonyhiscock avatar image tonyhiscock Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Thank you, that worked and we are up and running again!

0 Likes 0 ·