question

metal-snapper avatar image
metal-snapper asked

Phoenix Multi Plus 12/3000/120 laptop connection issue

Hi all,

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to connect to the above inverter/charger as it‘s an older model it seems I may need a different interface. I currently have the MK3 USB one which doesn’t want to work with this unit. I’m using VE Configure 3 and can connect to the newer multi plus’ no problem. It doesn‘t matter which one of the ethernet ports I plug into, it just wont connect.

I need to modify the charge and float voltages and using those buttons really isn’t straight forward when you‘re not used to doing it, hence laptop and being able to see the actual values is best here.

Client doesn’t have the manual and I’ve tried downloading it from this site but I can’t seem to find the right one.
It has another two sockets which could be VE. Direct but they are black and VE. Direct are usually white.

It also has a remote panel which I unplugged incase this was causing any issues...hence that unplugged RJ45 blue cable.2b1290b5-fc8d-4943-8189-362d1397f614.jpeg

I’ll attach a couple of photos as it‘s better for you guys and girls to see the PCB.

Huge thanks. 7c873085-bb39-4353-9fa5-8aa4d92cbef7.jpeg

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I think you will need a MK2 instead of the MK3.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

metal-snapper avatar image metal-snapper commented ·

Hi Matthias, thanks for your answer.

I’ll look for a MK2. But where do I plug it in?.

Many thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

Almost identical machine except 230V AC. Unplug the remote & plug in the MK2 cable.

In fact I unplug the cable at the back of the remote control (at his helm) & use a 'joiner' to connect the laptop so I can be more comfortable.

MK2 is not cheap. Where are you located? Maybe someone close to you can lend it to you?

2 |3000