question

davenz avatar image
davenz asked

SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 - is it normal for the Bluetooth to lose its connection if I switch to another app, (iPhone 6, latest iOS)?

It is reasonably quick to reconnect but annoying if you switch to other apps, then return to the Victron app to check the Solar status.

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes, this is normal on Andriod and iOS.
I think it is an operating system feature / limitation as far as I can tell, but I could be wrong of course.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davenz avatar image
davenz answered ·

Ok thanks, but my phone doesn’t disconnect from other Bluetooth targets. Maybe this behaviour is a result of the way Victron get the app to find the Victron device, rather than pairing them as you often have to do?

2 |3000

davenz avatar image
davenz answered ·

Any update on this? I find I it annoying that I can’t switch back to the Victron App to check on the status, and have to wait every time, for the app to reconnect over Bluetooth, to my smartsolar regulator.

Is the connection so different to a Bluetooth speaker etc.?

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Yes it is. You pair your device with your speakers. With VC, you don't actually pair the phone, the app makes a connection which is transitional.

The devices, while bluetooth, don't behave like your speaker.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic