question

rohan-chinni-c-l avatar image
rohan-chinni-c-l asked

Victron connect android app add classic Bluetooth scan feature

Hi everyone!,

This is my first post and my first question, I recently bought Victron Bluesolar MPPT 75/15, and I made a custom usb cable using Usb to UART module and I could connect my controller to the victron connect software on windows and the victron connect app on Android, but I wanted to connect wirelessly with Bluetooth, so I have used HC - 05 Bluetooth module and connected it directly to the victron bluesolar Mppt to the communication port.

By doing this, I was able to access and change the configuration of the Mppt controller via Bluetooth from victron connect software in windows, but I also want to access my controller via Android app instead of turning on the computer every time.

So I request to please add the classic Bluetooth scan functionality in the victron connect android app, as currently the android app only searches for Bluetooth low energy devices. But the HC-05 Bluetooth module is not Bluetooth low energy, and it's Bluetooth version is 2.0.

Thanks.

Bluetooth
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

javierpilote avatar image javierpilote commented ·

Hi

Do you mean that you have connected a ve.direct cable to the MPPT ve.direct port and at its end a bluetooth HC-05? And then from Victronconnect in Windows 10 have you connected to the Bluetooth HC-05 (through the windows bluetooth)?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
rohan-chinni-c-l avatar image
rohan-chinni-c-l answered ·

Could anyone please help me with this, or is there any other way of connecting from android app?? via Bluetooth version 2.0??

Thanks

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ion avatar image
ion answered ·

@ROHAN CHINNI C L, what setting did you use for HC - 05 Bluetooth module in order to make it work? I am trying to this on a MAC, but it doesn't work. I can connect through a simple usb to TTL adapter. For HC-05 I used the recommended settings:

Baud rate: 19200

Parity: None

Stop bits: 1

1 comment
2 |3000

rohan-chinni-c-l avatar image rohan-chinni-c-l commented ·

Hi @ion, I used the same settings as you have described. The OS which I was using was windows 10.

0 Likes 0 ·