question

munu-moses avatar image
munu-moses asked

Multiplus compact 12/1200/50-16Won't connect to grid

Hi, I am having a multi 12/1200/50-16. When I turn on with battery only, it works very well but then when I connect to grid, the relays make click sounds but won't connect fully to grid even when I checked with VEconfig 3, the input voltage was 230 and frequency was 49.9hz from my Phoenix inverter 12/500 230 because I thought it was a bad grid frequency.

After a reset to default, nothing changed the relays would click repeatedly almost after every 10s

I tried charger only, it did the same thing

It also shows that the output is on at 40vAc when it has shutdown after those clicks.

I also tried to look for the new firmware but I couldn't get the one to match.

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mkh avatar image
mkh answered ·

I have same problem with same model installed in caravan so thee is no permanet AC connection. When I connect external AC and turn on multiplus then cca 30 seconds relays make clicking and then status on GX Touch 50 is switched from Off to Error. AC input L1 shows 230V.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alan avatar image
alan answered ·

If this is one of the newer plastic case multis, then I have had 2x 500w units fail in the same way. Will not connect to AC of any sort (Genset, Grid and AC from another multi) and hence will not charge.

Both have been replaced by Victron

You can hear the relay cycle/ try to cycle and then drops.

I have just received my second replacement and upgraded to a larger unit 12/1200, not that the 500 units were pushed to the limits.

I better check the new replacement.

2 |3000