question

colin-mackay avatar image
colin-mackay asked

VICTRON QUATTRO 10KVA OVERLOAD

SYSTEM DETAIL:

30KvA 3 phase DC coupled system - 3 x 10Kva

system has a small temporary battery of 300ah

phase 3 went into overload a few days ago and had to be reset manually

the load on that phase at the time was 11 550 Watts while the other phases were in the region of 3000 to 4000 watts - with mains present.

The heaviest loads on the system are aircons - one of which is 3 phase. the client has recently balanced the loads in his distribution

1) I realise the battery is small for the system - but the log shows no drop in battery voltage.

2) Dc cabling is 90mm so i don't see a problem there

3) the load shows 11 500 watts (note that mains is present at the time of overload), whereas the inverter should be able to supply 30KW + with mains present

4) the log shows no unusual activity the i can see - no voltage drops -AC or DC. No excessive loads.

Any ideas as to where to look next?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Colin mackay,

Please update the firmware on the Quattros to version 478.

It provides a fix that could cause the lock that required a manual reset when there is excessive DC ripple (which is a symptom of batteries being too small). The system is still likely to shut down due to DC ripple because of your battery size, but this update should mean it brings itself back online automatically after 30 seconds.

The firmware update is available on Victron Professional and the firmware dropbox now for manual update; is included in the current VictronConnect beta, and will be included in regular VictronConnect a while from now.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.