question

jacko avatar image
jacko asked

High ZE readings above acceptable UK wiring regs any ideas/suggestions

Ive completed a complete new wiring installation of a remote house and powered it from a victron Quattro, Im now in the testing and certificating stage, i have left earth relay on as i usually do to make the earthing arrangment the equivalent of a TNCS earthing arrangement the only thing is my Ze reading at the fuseboard is anywhere between 1-2 ohms, and Ze readings on TNCS earthing arrangents have to be below 0.35 ohms in the UK. Just wondering if other electricians that have to sign of there work have any ideas for this, I could ever enter the readings im getting and accept there higher than they would normally be or another solution i considered is earth staking the quattro, then earth staking the main earth terminal of the electrical installation essentially making the installation a TT earthing arrangment with higher acceptable values? Just seems strange to do to give a worse earth reading with extra work and components. Any one have any thoughts or ideas?

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers