question

mjs avatar image
mjs asked

Multiplus II shuts down about 60 seconds after grid failure

The behavior is described here https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/40800/multiplus-ii-shuts-down-on-grid-failure.html but the cause is the version of the ESS-Assistant

My configuration:

Multiplus II 48/5000/70-50; Firmware 470

VENUS GX; Firmware v2.60

3 x Pylontech US3000C

The shutdown occurs when I configure with ESS-Assistant version 017A. If I configure with ESS-Assistant 0174 no problem whatsoever.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
reed avatar image
reed answered ·

Perhaps you could try firmare version 478 on Multiplus 2. Worked for me! Available on Vic professional

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Agreed, this will likely resolve it.

0 Likes 0 ·
mjs avatar image
mjs answered ·

Thanks for your reply.

Can you confirm the firmware versions for the Multi and the GX and the ESS-assistant version you are using.

Can you share a contact at victron so I can have their feedback.

Thanks

2 |3000

georgebester avatar image
georgebester answered ·

I have a similar problem my side

agm 200ah. lynx shunt, mppt mp2 48v, ess

I have v 500 on the multiplus and it too shuts down fault when grid fails. I have to unplug ccgx to get it to invert

I downloaded logs before and after event here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M2wQKUI6jTV755awpo5ObkiiLA16pZJakj9FmiBlOYA/edit?usp=share_link

Either the lynx shunt or mppt or ccgx is causing this

2 |3000

georgebester avatar image
georgebester answered ·

definitely a warranty issue here as this strange behaviour continues to this day The MP dopes notwant to switch on without grid / New Multiplus please victron

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Return to your supplier for testing. If it doesn’t pass bench tests it will be replaced under warranty, but that is beyond the scope of this community.

You have many low battery alarms, that isn’t going to help. If the unit passes bench tests you have an installation issue. From previous posts, you really need to get someone experienced to assist you.

0 Likes 0 ·