question

blutow avatar image
blutow asked

Any larger Orion TR chargers in the works?

I want to add a B2B charger to my van/RV system I'm currently building. I'm using Victron equipment for the rest of my system and I like the functionality of the Orion TR, but I'm looking for output in the 60a range. I know I can double up with 2 Orion's as an option, but that is a pretty expensive charging solution and I was wondering if there is a larger charger in the works. Communication back to a GX device would be a bonus if that is coming. I'm not in a huge rush to add the B2B charger, so I'd be OK waiting a while if something is coming in the next year. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about future products in the pipeline, but figured it was worth an ask.

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Gordon Clement avatar image
Gordon Clement answered ·

I also have a need for a DC/DC charger which coordinates with the rest of my GX system, and am hoping for some info here.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Robert avatar image
Robert answered ·

Hello, many other people searching for a solution like this.

So many Threads about DC/DC Charger with VE.Bus, VE.Can or VE.Direct connection.

The small German Company WCS build a Booster with all the nice features.

(WCS Ladebooster LBR-60)

But I will wait a little bit longer.

Maybe Victron release a new Version of the Buck Boost with all features.

Best regards Robert

2 |3000