question

michel-bedard avatar image
michel-bedard asked

Dual Controller on a battery bank

Good day,

Topics: Question for dual controller on 12 volts battery bank

I have a 95 watts Monocristalline photovoltaic panel on the roof of my travel trailer.

I replace few weeks ago the OEM PWM controller (Go Power GP-PWM-25 negative ground) by a Victron MPPT 75/15 Smart controller.

I own also a 90 Watt portable photovoltaic solar panel (polycrystalline 2 x 45 watt) that I connect occasionally to my battery bank when my Travel Trailer is parked in a trees shaded camping site to charge my battery bank (250 Ah AMG array). The controller of this portable solar panel is a PWM (the Go Power mention earlier).

Question: These 2 controllers (Victron MPPT and Go-Power PWM) can or cannot coexist to charge my battery bank in the described situation?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its no problem having both connected at the same time

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michel-bedard avatar image
michel-bedard answered ·

Many thanks for this information!

I was afraid to damaging my brand new Victron controller by hooking both at the same time.

I appreciate!

Michel

2 |3000