question

Geoff Cutler avatar image
Geoff Cutler asked

Iphone SE (2020) wont connect to either MPPT 150|45 TR or BMV 712 Smart Battery Monitor

I previously used Iphone 6 on both devices without any issues. It still works on the Iphone 6.

On the Iphone SE with latest upgrades I reinstalled VictronConnect and it keeps on asking for the pairing code (000000) but that is obviously not accepted. However just sometimes my settings in the Iphone show the device is connected yet the App won't connect to either device. But it disappears and is not on the list of paired devices on the phone.

setup
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @GeoffC

When you remove the pairing information on the iPhone 6, are you still able to connect and bond on the iPhone 6 with the default/set PIN code? If this is not the case, I would advice to reset the PIN code on the MPPT and BMV using the PUK code and then try again with the iPhone SE 2020.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Geoff Cutler avatar image
Geoff Cutler answered ·

Hi Thiemo,

Thank you for your response. I am 74 and this is evidence to me my memory is not what it was. Because I really thought I would never have changed the default on Bluetooth. But I have developed a backup to memory - writing things down. And in the Manuals for both devices was the changed code!!! And so everything is now 100% on both phones.

So thank you for figuring this out and I am sorry I was so forgetful and did not just open the manual!!!

Geoff

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic