question

jhinman avatar image
jhinman asked

How to control Multiplus Compact remotely

Is there a way to turn a Multiplus Compact on and off with a phone?

I would like to add a Hybrid Inverter such as the Multiplus Compact to my trailer. It will be in a place with difficult access. Since I will need the inverter for a very brief time each day, can I turn it on and off with a phone (Bluetooth)?

The manual mentions a switch that can be wired to the unit. I would rather not fish a wire from one end of my trailer to the other, or have one more switch at the control panel.

My understanding is that the Multiplus Compact does not have Bluetooth on its own. Is there a dongle that will let me control it? If so, which is it?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You can add a GX device Ie a Cerbo, and then you can control it via the Victron VRM via the internet or local wifi, plus lots of other features, well worth the investment

There is a Bluetooth unit as well but you are then limited to 10 mtr range MAX

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jhinman avatar image
jhinman answered ·

Thanks, Paul B.

It appears the VE.Bus Smart Dongle might do want I want. Any time I am inside my trailer I am within range of my BMV-712 battery monitor, so should be in range of this dongle also.

2 |3000