question

pepijnstrobbe avatar image
pepijnstrobbe asked

Problem with MPPT

Hi, I am travelling with a self build campervan and I have a problem with my solarpanel. The panel and cable to the MPPT gives 20V in the sun but out the MPPT there only comes 11V. Somebody told me to contact you. Would it be possible to help me? I’m close to Cartagena :) thanks in advance!

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
lehrling avatar image
lehrling answered ·

Was this system functioning correctly before or is this a new installation?

20 volts output from the panel in sun seems low.

Can you post screenshots from the app showing MPPT status and battery settings?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pepijnstrobbe avatar image pepijnstrobbe commented ·

Hi,

It worked for 20 days and then it suddenly stopped. Sometimes (every 5-6 days) it works for 10 minutes and then it stops again. I only have a 115W panel so more then 20-21V It doesn’t give.

0 Likes 0 ·

a8a23fcc-3ca3-4da0-b877-b85a1572cdf4.png

Is this enough?

0 Likes 0 ·

Maybe you can use this also

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Always check the fuse between the mppt and batteries first.

1 comment
2 |3000

The fuse is still working

0 Likes 0 ·
pepijnstrobbe avatar image
pepijnstrobbe answered ·

The fuse is still working

2 |3000

lehrling avatar image
lehrling answered ·

Personally I would start by checking the connections and wiring from the panel to the controller.

Confirm no loose/bad/corroded connections.

Confirm panel wires are not shorted to one another when disconnected on both ends.

Confirm panel wires have no continuity to vehicle chassis ground or solar system ground when disconnected on both ends.

Confirm individual panel wires have end to end continuity with no circuit resistance (ohmeter) from panel to controller when disconnected.

Do you have any additional connectors, breakers or fuses between the panel and controller?

2 |3000