question

digiocar avatar image
digiocar asked

Bluesolar 150/45 Weird Behavior

I have a Bluesolar 150/45 - 48 Volts bank - 2 x 250 W solar panels

Something is wrong with it on recent days, charge highly vary up and down and allways been on bulk state.

I made the tests on a shiny day, no clouds. I already check the settings and everything seems to be OK.

Help will be appreciate, I have several bluesolar/smartsolar installations and I never face something like this.

Thanks and regards

see the attached video.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

If posable swap it with another unit for test purposes.

Check the wiring and all connections.

Check your panels output, especially the short circuit current output and make sure each panel is outputting the rated amps correctly, thats shown on the panels tag.

Get the pos and neg from the one panel and connect your multi meter to the two wires this will cause a short but as the panels are a constant current devices you will see there rated current or close to it anyway. this should be close to the figure on the panel label when in good sun light.

make sure your amp meter can take the current, most good ones will take 10 amps.

If all is ok then reconnect the panels

Then remove the two PV wires from the MPPT unit and check the short circuit current there as well. if there is a big difference then look for a bad wiring connection.

Take CARE that you dont touch the bare wires as the high voltage is VERY dangerous.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

digiocar avatar image
digiocar answered ·

Thanks Paul B

Everyting is OK....

And I made another test. I replaced a Bluesolar with a new one on the same installation and works fine.... Something is wrong with the faulty one...

2 |3000