question

hermanvanveen avatar image
hermanvanveen asked

Cable size for Victron 250/60 mppt

Can anyone tell me which size cable I need to use for charge out connection of a 250/60 mppt?

It will charge a 48v bank.

My supplier only sells either 16mm2 or 50mm2. 16 seems quite small to me and 50 might not fit.

Thank you!!

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kalito avatar image kalito commented ·

The question is more of what is your panel configuration? I have 10x 430W mono panels on a 250/100 and I have two strings of 5x panels. Their Isc is 11A and two strings 22A so cable wise that is the consideration. I have 10mm² cable, Your supplier 16mm² is more than adequate.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kalito avatar image kalito commented ·

You mean p22 on the actual document and p24 in the pdf soft scroll paging.

I think you misunderstood the documentation. The 35mm² refers to the ENCLOSURE cable capacity and not necessarily the recommended cable sizing. In other words its up to 35mm² on the battery terminal side.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kalito commented ·

@Kalito @Hermanvanveen

Since I gave a link to a pdf. And not a physical copy. The page number is a given to mean pdf scrolling.

And I stand corrected then on the cable recommended size statement. I apologise if you feel this was misleading. Since it does not categorically state that is recommended cable size.

The mppt can take a maximum of 35mm² on the battery terminal, from experience as we have installed several.

0 Likes 0 ·
hermanvanveen avatar image
hermanvanveen answered ·

Thank you very much

2 |3000