question

dsmithson avatar image
dsmithson asked

Why does the BatteryLife algorithm fail to disconnect the load?

In late October, for an art installation in Amsterdam (ca. 25 km from the Victron headquarters in Almere) we hooked up two Victron solar chargers (SS100/20, SS75/15, parallel to the load), to two arrays (600W, 400W) and two AGM battery banks (24V-99Ah, 24V-66Ah) respectively.

Our original configuration was:
Set-up: via VictronConnect (jumper removed)
Battery Setting: Gel Victron deep discharge (1)
Load Setting: BatteryLife

With fairly consistent daily consumption the battery charge has slowly cratered, dropping below 20,0V because the load never disconnected (see attached SolarHistories).

What could be the reason that the loads were not disconnected on either charger by the BatteryLife algorithm?

On 9.12 the system PLC switched from automatic mode to stand-by mode, at ca. 23,0V, reducing consumption. On 23.12 we shut off the load manually at the main power switch, and slowly the charge is coming back up.

I have already contacted my dealer by phone and email to ask for technical assistance. He said it was above his capacities, and could not help me further. And, I have read all the responses that popped up when I started to post my question.

So, if there is something we have misunderstood about how the BatteryLife algorithm is supposed to function, please inform. And if not, what would you recommend as a remedy, or better solution when we are finally able to reconnect the load? Our inclination is to configure with User Def. Algo. 1, although I see that others have had similar issues with this algorithm as well.

Thanks for your input…

David

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers