question

Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image
Lionel SEYDOUX asked

what is "DC POWER" on VRM Dashboard?

On the VRM Dashboard there is a "DC Power data" linked to the battery .

Presently -55W with PV charger at 46W, charging at 101W, load at 0W (multiplus off).

5 minutes later -49W, 46W, -4W, 67W (multiplus inverting)

How is thar value calculated and what does it mean?

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Lionel SEYDOUX

If you do not have any DC loads or charge sources in your system then you should disable the 'Has DC system' in the 'system setup' menu of the GX.

The DC Power value that is displayed on VRM is not a precise or measured value - it is a calculated value from all the differences between the known and measured sources. So unless you need that 'remainder' displayed, you should disable it, as it will not show you anything meaningful. .

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shubham avatar image shubham commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ,

could you please guide me as to where do I find the information: which parameters show measured values and which show calculated values?

Additional information:

Please find my system plan below (with energy meter EM24)

1674216484498.png

I am particulatly looking for the information on the following parameters:

Grid_L1, Grid_L2, Grid_L3

AC_consumption_L1, AC_consumption_L2, AC_consumption_L3

P_AC_PV_L1

PV_DC_couple_power

Battery_Power, Battery_Current, Battery_Voltage, Battery_SOC

VE_Bus_charge_Power

0 Likes 0 ·
1674216484498.png (62.3 KiB)
ako avatar image ako commented ·
Thank you for the explanation Guy , just to clarify , would i be correct in thinking that when i connect a Victron DC-DC charger to my Bus Bar which i will switch on occasionally to replenish my Back up Lithium batterie i will see an increased load on the DC Power box and at other times the figure will be only the self consumption of my Multiplus , MPPT ect . I appreciate the figure will not be particularly accurate it would still be an interesting addition . In short anything that draws DC current from the Bus Bar thats not shown elsewhere , ie : normally the AC Loads and Battery Charging Boxs totally between 14-19 Watts less than the PV Charger Box or have i completely misunderstood .
0 Likes 0 ·
Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image
Lionel SEYDOUX answered ·

Thanks Guy, I shall disaqble that as it does not help..

2 |3000