question

george-colgate avatar image
george-colgate asked

Victron Quattro 5000 going straight to 'overload' after short circuit

My Quattro 5000 shut down on 'overload' because of a short circuit in my household wiring and now won't start up again even with all loads disconnected. I have tried cycling the system by shutting off the DC input power and rebooting but with no success. When I turn the inverter 'on' the green light momentarily comes on and then immediately shuts down on 'overload'.

Is there anything else I can try?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @George Colgate

When you say 'All loads disconnected', do you mean all AC wires physically removed from the Quattro?

Are there any noises when you turn the unit on?

Can you check the DC voltage at the battery connection points of the Quattro?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

george-colgate answered ·

The AC wires are physically connected to the Quattro but physically disconnected from the household AC panel.

When I turn the inverter 'on' there is a 'click' then a 'boing' when the green light comes on then the green light goes out and the red 'overload' light comes on and a 'beep...beep...beep...etc' alarm signal.

The DC voltage at the Quattro connection points is presently 51.8 v.

1 comment
2 |3000

Please have the Quattro completely isolated from any AC wires from the unit itself, so that the fault is then certain to be contained within the unit.

Once that is done, and the unit is completely physically isolated from any AC wiring, with only DC voltage connected and tested, and then you STILL get an overload, it is probably a fault in the unit and please fill out this form, or call your supplier direct for next steps.

0 Likes 0 ·
george-colgate answered ·

All AC loads disconnect and I still get an 'overload' so I'll proceed with next steps.

Thanks for the help Guy

1 comment
2 |3000

Sorry to hear it, and I hope for your smooth sailing from here.

0 Likes 0 ·