question

gmcoop avatar image
gmcoop asked

Street Light feature on MPPT Smart Solar Controller use to powercycle the load.

Have a MPPT 75/15 unit. Would like to use the street light feature in the opposite way as intended. Need the controller to powercycle the load at some point during the night. It could be for 5 minutes or just 1 hour.

Have been trying the Streetlight function and wondering what settings to use and if this is even possible?

I have tried the following...

At Sunset "Keep lights off" and set the night detection delay to be 60 minutes

At Sunrise "Switch on before sunrise" and set the time before sunrise to be 5 hours.

Any suggestions or other methods to powercycle the load once at night?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

This I would suspect is, that you keep on testing yourself and then please advise how you go back here so that others who are of interest also know the results.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ando73 avatar image
ando73 answered ·

Hi, I am also interested in the negative streetlight mode. I want to power a device during the day when it is needed and turn it off at night to conserve battery power when it is not required. I have also been trying to play with the settings but the logic required does not seem to be in the software. I think this will need to be a firmware fix. May I suggest "Sleep Mode" if there are any Victron engineers listening. It could sit next to the Streetlight mode in the dropdown box and allow the exact same time delays to the sunset and sunrise times.

Thanks

Mark Ando.

2 |3000

steve-wallis avatar image
steve-wallis answered ·

I know this is an old post but for others out there wanting to invert the streetlight mode, in other words on during the day and off at night, just buy a cheap relay connect the charger output to + and - and then your load on the NC side of the relay and a feed on the C of the relay.

2 |3000