question

David Gould avatar image
David Gould asked

repair node red on my victron gx device

Is there a process for reinstalling node red on a gx via ssh, I have installed a node which seems to have crashed it

Node-RED
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @David Gould, I am moving this question to the "Modifications" Space for non-Victron-supported issues and to increase its likelihood of being seen by other users of non-supported systems who may have experience with this.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Gould avatar image David Gould Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks, I re-flashed the. device earlier today, but would still like to know if it does it again, would save a lot of typing!!

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

The easiest way to get this fixed is by removing the `~/.node-red/` directory. This directory gets recreated when it is not there. Sort of back to factory defaults for just Node-RED.

This means that this also removes previous flows and settings, which might not be what you want. You might want to backup all of the `.json` (`package.json` is not needed) and `.js` files in `~/.node-red/` first.

A more fine grained alternative to removing the complete `~/.node-red` directory is to remove the specific node(s) from the installation, using npm while in the `~/.node-red/` directory. (E.g. `npm uninstall node-red-node-google`) Or to edit the `flows.json` file by hand.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.