question

colin-webster avatar image
colin-webster asked

Does Battery Monitor show percentage of total, or the set limit?

Hi Guys, Ive just installed the 712 Bluetooth monitor, Ive set the correct battery set up and also watched the set up video for the sync settings, I'm using AGM batteries and have therefore set a discharge limit of 50% - The question I have is that say the monitor shows 75% battery %, is that 75% of the total capacity (In My case 400AH) or 75% of the set discharge limit (IE 75% of the 50% limit (or 200AH in my case) - Thanks....

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·

The % is of the total, so your alarm will go at 50%, 200Ah

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

I have a SmartShunt so I assume the settings are similar with your BMV.

The State of Charge (SOC) % is the remaing percentage from the total battery capacity you set (400 Ah in your case), as Harold alredy said.

The "Time remaining" estimate is the estimate time left (at current load) to the "discharge floor" you set.

Be careful: this discharge floor set here (in the SmartShunt/BMV settings) is only used to estimate this "time to go / time remaining". It is not a discharge limit for the inverter. You have to limit the inverter to not discharge the battery below a certain voltage (or SOC) using settings elsewhere (in the Inverter and in the GX device if you have one and if using ESS for instance).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.