question

xdmusic avatar image
xdmusic asked

BMV 712 Reading doesn’t seem correct

I installed the BVM 712 Smart according to instructions. I have an AGM 12 volt starter battery making up a bank and two AGM 100 ah 12 volt house batteries making up a bank. I installed exactly as instructed by the Victron instructions (Starter as B2 and House bank as B1). I also have a battery switch that is 1, 2, Both and Off. To isolate the starter battery I put the switch to one. Too isolate the house bank I put the switch to two. When my switch is at two, both the house and Starter battery voltages are shown but it shows no draw, no amps, no power or current being used even though I have lights and refrigeration etc being used. But when the Battery switch is changed to one, the starter battery only position, it shows the draw that the lights and refrigeration etc are placing on my battery. I thought the draw would show from the house battery position (battery switch two) and only the voltage from the starter battery but apparently that isn’t what is happening. When I put my battery switch to two (house bank) it shows no draw from my electrics. Any comments? Thank you!

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers