question

ross-skyenergy avatar image
ross-skyenergy asked

Multiplus II 48/5000 power dropping out with ESS system, AC PV and BYD batteries

Hi guys

I have a Multiplus 2 that seems to have intermittent power dropouts from time to time, the entire home load runs through the Multi so the customer certainly notices the dropouts. I can't see anything obvious in the monitoring aside from the VE.Bus state changing to OFF.

I have attached a sample day extract from VRM on the 7th December and highlighted the dropouts in red around 16:30.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to CSV - Click here

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Is it possible to move the customers AC PV to the AC input, instead of the AC output?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I know that there are no DC MPPT chargers in the system, but please turn on feed-in excess DC in the ESS grid feed-in menu.

It looks like the DC voltage is creeping up as occasionally bits of excess power is fed into the batteries at 100% SOC, and then not allowed to reduce. So the battery voltage is creeping up over time.

In BYD batteries, over voltage situations can lead to eventual sudden shutdowns.

2 |3000

ross-skyenergy avatar image
ross-skyenergy answered ·

Thanks for your reply @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I have updated this setting below

1608067525418.png

The customer prefers the AC PV on the Output because they experieince frequent blackouts and at times have decided to turn the mains off all together and go off-grid.

Thanks again for your help, I will see how this goes.

1608067525418.png (39.3 KiB)
2 |3000