question

mark-miner avatar image
mark-miner asked

quattro assist not working as expected

I have my quattro currently limit set to use 15 amp shore power. (1800w at 120v). It will use this faithfully and my loads are usually about 1000w so my battery is always topped up. When my water heater cycles on the system correctly assists and takes 15a from shore power and the rest from battery. So far exactly what I would think, but then when the water heater goes back off and my needs go back to 1000w, the shore power drops to providing 6amp and the rest come from battery and discharges my battery.

Basically assist mode seems to get stuck "on" and it keeps assisting after the load would be totally met by my shore power connection. (load 1000w and shore power gets "stuck" only providing 600w and the quattro taking the rest from battery).

Any ideas? I have firmware version 469

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Using VE config please check this settings

also I would upgrade to the latest firmware when you do this as well.

And see if this helps.

Also have you got any other assistants running or have you made any other changes, if so please send some screen shots.

1607754687718.png

1607754687718.png (10.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mark-miner avatar image mark-miner commented ·

Thank you Paul B. I am still trying to sort this out. I have not upgraded to current firmware, and am happy to do so. I just don't want to do it from remote. I am on 469 and I think current is 474. Changelog does not mention this problem, but understand it could just be a non-itemized "bug fix". I added screenshots above.

0 Likes 0 ·
jesper-denmark avatar image
jesper-denmark answered ·

I have the exact same problem with my 24/8000 quattro. My boostfactor are set to 0,3.

Is it posible an other land code will help if it try to prevent back feed to grid?

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

the standard setting is always 2.0 if its been changed then there maybe a reason, readup on this item and learn how it works and adjust.

for me change it to 2.0 and see what happens you can always change it back

0 Likes 0 ·
mark-miner avatar image
mark-miner answered ·

Ok, I have checked my power assist level, it is set to 2.0, and I have included it a screenshot. My firmware is 469 and I do think there is a 474. Happy to upgrade if change log lists it as a fix, but does not appear to do that. I have included two settings screen shots and screen capture of my system being disharged to 57% and not drawing the amps according to the current limit. If I had not seen this I would have discharged my battery. I can reset the problem by cutting loads from remote (turning off my mini-split from remote) and it then starts drawing current by the prescribed settings. Note my screen shot. It is drawing load from my battery even though there is a much higher current limit available than what it is using. This is very disconcerting.

Also, I do not have any other assistants or relays running.

Mark Minervictron2.jpgvictron1.jpg

screenshot-20201221-085024-chrome.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

mark-miner avatar image mark-miner commented ·

Please look at the included vrm snapshot. Note that the shore power is only providing 6amps of the 15amps that are allowed because it went into assist mode and did not come back out even though the supply side is adequate. It is discharging my battery and does not reset after assist. I need to fix this asap. My installation is currently 30mins drive away and is responsible for keeping my water from freezing.

Mark Miner

0 Likes 0 ·