question

peac avatar image
peac asked

MultiPlus-II: cut-off low battery parameters

Hello,

i'm using a MultiPlus-II 24/3000/70-3 with 2p2s lead acid batteries (24V system). I've just measured a voltage of 22.8 V (without load) and i wonder that there is no "low battery" warning (red LED) or a shutdown? This is 11,4V at one single battery (that is quite low..).

I don't have a connector cable, to take a look at the programmed cut-off voltage and the dynamic cut-off paramters. Could someone tell me the default parameters of the Multiplus II (cut-off voltage and low-battery-warning)?

Thanks a lot!

Klaus

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You should get your self a MK3-Interface asap.

The default settings are very low.
Alarm at 21.8V and shut-down at 18.6V.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chinaka avatar image chinaka commented ·

I have multiplus 24V 1200va and with my MK3 I changed the cut of voltage to 18.6V because I have a Tesla battery that’s 6S.

however my inverter keeps shutting down at 19V, even after I changed it to 18.6v.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jmarc avatar image Jmarc chinaka commented ·

Hi Chinaka,

It is possible that when the fault did occur, the voltage was at 18.6. As soon as the inverter stops working the voltage tend to rebound a little bit. I have seen this on many system.

The low voltage cut-off has almost no time filter. So just a blip causes it to trigger the message. The voltage displayed in the low voltage alarm message if you have the CCGX seems to be taken a little after the trigger and not the voltage at time of trigger. We have seen cases of low voltage alarm on 48V system with reported voltage of 54V when alarm is set at 48V.

0 Likes 0 ·
chinaka avatar image chinaka Jmarc commented ·

I thought that, then when next I was close to 19V I did a screen record and it was no where close to 18.6V, it as at 18.9V then it stopped working.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jmarc avatar image
Jmarc answered ·

Not 100% with the Multiplus, but in the Quattro, which I assume is similar, those limits can be adjusted by the User through Ve-Config or other programming tools.

2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

Do you have a GX device? If so, use remote VE.Configure and check there parameters on the inverter tab

Also; please consider using a battery balancer to keep your series strings in balance. You just need one for the 2s2p bank.

2 |3000

peac avatar image
peac answered ·

Thanks for replying!

No, i don't have a GX device.. But, yes, i'm using the victron balancer ;-)

Ok, I just bought a MK3 cable to adjust the settings. The defaults are really to low - victron should notice this in the manual!

Cheers!

2 |3000