question

covetingdolphin avatar image
covetingdolphin asked

Solaredge Integration in ESS mode with Multiplus 2

Hi team,

Presently I have a SolarEdge SE8000H with 11.5KW of PV attached, this is connected to the AC IN of the Multiplus 2 GX

I have a 250/60 Smart Solar MPPT charger with 1.6KW of PV attached to the battery linked to the MP2GX via VE Bus

A Victron 100A CT is installed on the incoming mains to the house

The SE8000 is connected to the MP2GX over the local network and communicates over modbus TCP502 using the Sunspec protocol - I can see it in the GX remote display.

My problem is whenever I have the SE8000 enabled on the GX it adds the gross generation of the pv to the exported energy calculated by the CT on the mains, but when I turn the SE8000 off the problem disappears and the export lines up with the SolarEdge monitoring portal.

So far I haven't managed to find a setting that will disable this, I would appreciate it if anyone has an idea of what I can do to sort this.

se-victron-screen.pngvictron-dash-with-se-disabled.jpg

victron-dash-with-se.jpg

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
covetingdolphin avatar image
covetingdolphin answered ·

So I managed to get this to work finally - I ended up telling the GX controller that the SolarEdge inverter was connected to the AC1 Out rather than the AC1 In that it actually is....

I imagine this is because I'm using the CT instead of an energy meter - but either way everything is adding up perfectly now so happy days!se8000-victron-integrated1.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Johan Botes avatar image
Johan Botes answered ·

Hi

Can you please assist me in setting up my MultiPlusII with my SolarEdge SE6000H.
For some reason I can see the device on the cerbo at the Modbus setting but it's not communicating.
I have followed the following guide: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:gx_solaredge
I was able to adjust the settings on the SolarEdge and Multiplus IIbut it won't communicate see below picture. It's not showing on my device list. Did I make a wiring mistake or is it software related?1698168131714.png

1698168131714.png (36.1 KiB)
2 |3000