question

Robin avatar image
Robin asked

do victron have complaints department

Do victron have a complaints department. who do you complain to? I have been waiting for 3 weeks with no electric for a replacement blue solar mppt unit. Apparently they dont have a supplier in France that can send one direct to me. Nor do the original supplier keep them in stock. So still waiting. Why dont you open up a complaints department, you will be able to reduce the unemployment around the world considerable just staffing this one department. Will be going back to more reputable brand with proper customer service. properly written manuals and good support. Dont know why i started using victron in the first place

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
westen avatar image
westen answered ·

Hello Robin,

Ha, you had me grinning there for a moment:

"Why dont you open up a complaints department, you will be able to reduce the unemployment around the world considerable just staffing this one department."

Hahaha!

As a suggestion I would like you to consider moving to a more civilised part of the world. Somewhere (anywhere) they don't speak french would do just nicely. I mean, wouldn't it be just a little bit overstretching things to suggest a reputable company like Victron to have outposts in backward regions such as "france". I mean, really...

Hope you find a way out of your problems!

Cheers!

jan

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Try this form:

https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

Write in the description that your dealer is not responding.

Victron will than get in touch with your dealer and/or directly with you.

2 comments
2 |3000

escapade-nawlins avatar image escapade-nawlins commented ·
Anyone that has had this occur please acknowledge as I am at the point of doing what Matthias said......... but for the life of me, I have a hard time believing a company that is this poorly set up for customer support yet somehow is doing a bang-up job if you are already frustrated and begging......I feel instead of wasting more time filling out yet another email or pleading for help...be it a distributer a vendor or the actual manufacturer this should not happen. But that's my opinion only, so looking for proof before I send back about 6K US$ and take the 15% restocking fee loss and moving to a company that cares for its customers....

I am hoping for the best but fear the worse.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jack Peters avatar image Jack Peters escapade-nawlins commented ·
This form is a great way to proceed. A support request will be sent to the distributor who sold the product and Victron will follow up with you to check that the issue has been resolved.
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Robin,

Sorry to hear about the bad experience, obviously not what we want either. We try and make the warranty process as smooth as possible from our end, but things can get delayed along the way.

I would encourage people to try and resolve the issue formally, and directly with their distributors (as far as possible).

Failing that though, it can also be escalated to the sales manager for the specific region. You can find the contacts for those sales managers here - https://www.victronenergy.com/contact

2 |3000

Robin avatar image
Robin answered ·

Thanks for the replies. Good to know that it may be possible to contact rep.

As for moving to backward France. We are constantly asking ourselves the same question. After living in Portugal for 7 years we thought we we would try hear as the climate would be more suitable to what we are doing. We thought that maybe they would be a little more forward thinking and upto date. Not the case.

2 |3000

westen avatar image
westen answered ·

Don't want to pry for answers but ... what are you "trying to do" that makes you want to hop between countries like Portugal and France? And, to keep things on-topic, does this in any way relate to solar power issues?

2 |3000