question

jasontav avatar image
jasontav asked

Multiplus 24/3000/70 Replacement fan(s)

Hi,

I just noticed a lot of noise from the fan when it starts rotating in my multiplus.

I need to get a spare one, does anyone have the specification please?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
hvalentim avatar image
hvalentim answered ·

Just replaced the fan on my "old" MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50 - Product ID 1910 (not a "Quattro", mind you).

Found the original one to be a Sunon EEC0382B2-000U-A99 (which first failed me ~3 years ago because the solder on one of the wires became loose due to some sort of oxidation, now started to do a nagging high-pitched sound, presumably due to vibrations transmitted to the metal air vent protection grid).

Replaced it with a Multicomp MC002108

Spec.s are similar enough.

Profited the chance to add a fan (anti-)vibration sleeve and replace the grid with a plastic one [which, turns out, may potentially dampen the vibrations better but forces the air to pass trough square angles - unlike the original metal grid, which was round - making a bit of a vacuum cleaner tube like (sucking) sound].

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.