question

robert-welling avatar image
robert-welling asked

Considering a Victron MultiPlus IP21 24-500 10-16

Folks,

I'm considering the small Victron MultiPlus IP21 24-500 10-16 in the following setup and I'd like to verify with you if my understanding is correct before I buy. Let me explain;

I installed 6 ~ 24v 105w Solarpanels in series/parallel connected to a Victron 100/30 MPPT

The solar charger charges a single Jehu 24v 700w (~ 24Ah) 70x18650's Lithium pack, monitored with a BMV 702 (with BT dongle). In addition a LoRa Victron Monitor (for the freak in me).

Discharging is done by means of a cheap Chinese MPPT Grid-Tie inverter and to protect my Lithium pack I use a constant voltage DC-DC converter and a 24v battery protect, otherwise the Chinese inverter suck the live out of my battery pack in a matter of time.

As such I want to replace the Chinese Grid-Tie inverter with the small MultiPlus and during off-peak hours recharge the pack again.

Basically, right sizing my energy consumption versus production to an equal level of almost zero.

Grid is Dutch and the MPPT can charge the pack in a approx 4hours on a sunny day, so I got some room to extend the Jehu pack. (as 24Ah is quite small)

I appreciate your reply,

Regards,

Robert

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

What’s the power rating on the Chinese inverter?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
robert-welling avatar image
robert-welling answered ·

Apologies for the late reply, the power output of the current Chinese GridTie is 600w (22-46 dc input)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.