question

baronner avatar image
baronner asked

What happens when you power a multiplus off in a parallel installation?

In rare cases I need some extra power, but mostly not. So I'd like to be able to switch off the second multiplus (not multiplus ii) in a parallel installation, in order to save some (battery) energy. If more power needed, I'll switch on the second Multiplus.

Is this possible? And must that second multiplus be the slave, or can it also be the master?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

No that is not possible, it you switch off one of the Multis (doesn't matter which) the whole system will shut down.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

liopleuredon avatar image
liopleuredon answered ·

Hello,

Assuming it is off grid.

Is it not possible to connect the 2 Multiplusses in "serie" so that the second one thinks that the first one is the grid ? (power assist) You can limit AC in on the second one.

Off course you loose half the charging amps wen you run a generator.

I am curious about the reaction off people that now more off it ,i like thinking out off the box.

Regards

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

This is not a supported system design.
It can work but if you have any problems with that you wont get official suppot.

0 Likes 0 ·