question

mika2a avatar image
mika2a asked

ESS, why the Battery is used for an AC load ? which does not go through to the multi plus !

Hello,

One question on the ESS and the AC load from Grid.

Previously I had a question with the ESS and an energy meter that I have exposed here. Is resolved

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/68944/puissance-affichee-grid-et-load-ac1.html

Now I don't understand why the ESS used batteries to supply energy to the load located on the Grid and which does not go through to the multi plus ?

The multi only provides critical charges via the AC1. The load like heater are only on the Grid.

I will empty the batteries !!! justo to turn on the heater !

Why does the multi supply the AC loads knowing that I have a grid ?

In the ESS parameters : no injection and Grid value at 0 watt.

1606686035618.png

Thanks you.
Michaël

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1606686035618.png (289.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Mika2a

you can select in ESS menu: grid meter: internal meter in Multi to not power the loads in from of the inverter(s)

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mika2a avatar image mika2a commented ·

Dear @Daniël,

Thank you for your answer.

But if I select internal meter in the ESS menu, I find my problem that I stated in this topic :
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/68944/puissance-affichee-grid-et-load-ac1.html

So I need to use external meter for that the Grid's loads do not add to the Multiplus output load AC 1 out ! I see exactly what I have : Grid, Load CA and Critical Load.

How to prevent the multiplus supplying the AC loads with the battery energy ?

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ mika2a commented ·

Hi @Mika2a

there is no option at the moment to accomplish this. if you use grid meter it will power these loads, that is how ESS is programmed ('parallel' system)

0 Likes 0 ·
mika2a avatar image mika2a Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Dear,

If I understood correctly, the position of the energy meter determine the operation of the multiplus.

If the energy meter see all the loads, the Multiplus and the ESS wants to produice for all these loads !

I should set the energy meter regardless of my high power loads.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·