question

romain avatar image
romain asked

MultiPlus Compact turns off when connecting network cable to MK2 USB adapter

Recently the AC input plug to which my MultiPlus Compact is connected stopped working for a reason that I have not yet identified. The inverter continued to work as long as the batteries (solar-charged) had energy to supply.

I connected the MultiPlus to another working AC input plug, and the situation seems back to normal except for one thing: when I connect the RJ45 ethernet cable to the MK2 USB interface, the Multiplus turns off (all LEDs turn blank and I can hear a relay switch) as if I had switched it off with the button. The moment I unplug the network cable, the MultiPlus turns back on immediately by itself.

This happens even when the MK2 is to connected to a USB port.
I tried replacing the RJ45 cable, the problem remains.
This does not happen if I connect the RJ45 cable to the Ethernet port of a computer.
I opened the MK2, it looks brand new with no trace of anything melt or burnt, no loose connection. Likewise, I see nothing worrying when I open the front of the Multiplus.

What could cause such a behaviour and what can I do to identify the root of the problem?
I suspect the problem lies in the Multiplus rather than the MK2, because it would be an odd coincidence that the MK2 stops working just after the recent events (it was connected when the AC failure happened).

Any idea?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

open the ve configure software on your computer when the MK2 is connected to the multiplus VE bus and the correct com port is set and then it may all reactivate.

you must never connect a VE BUS device to the normal computer network port

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

romain avatar image romain commented ·

Thanks, that worked! I thought of trying but was a bit scared because I had no idea what was going on.

0 Likes 0 ·