question

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh asked

VictronConnect bluetooth devices not working with macOS Big Sur

Anyone having trouble with VictronConnect bluetooth devices and macOS Big Sur? I cannot get my BMV-712 Smart and my SmartSolar-charge-controller-MPPT-250/100 VE.Can to connect with VictronConnect on my Mac since upgrading to Big Sur - keeps asking for Passcode, but fails with 000000. VictronConnect still works with my iPad and iPhone.

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

There are not known issues with Big Sur. The described problem looks like the pin code you are introducing is not correct. Are you sure that your devices are still using the default pin code? If you did changed the pin code and don't remember it, you can find info of how to reset it here:
https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/8778-VictronConnect_manual-html5/en/connecting.html#UUID-a8177d17-8df0-58cb-8e60-f36c559ae974

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nrgmavn avatar image
nrgmavn answered ·

I can't pair my iPhone 12 pro to the SmartBMV 712. Worked fine on my iPhone 11 Pro.

The device doesn't show up in Bluetooth. When I try to pair, I get a message that reads: "enter the code shown on "SmartBMV HQ2007PTE53". Do not do anything on "SmartBMV HQ2007PTE53" until pairing is complete.

If there is a code other than the pin number, I don't know where to find it. Can't be the PUK code because you can only enter numbers.

I have never changed the pin code but entering 000000 returns me to the same message. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded. I have the most current firmware update. I have turned off and on the phone, turned off and on bluetooth, turned the 712 on and off and on but nothing seems to work. I have also read all the answers to other people's questions that seemed similar. Would also appreciate some help.

2 |3000

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

Hi jperez,

I have not changed the pin code. it is the default 000000 on both the BMV-712 Smart and the SmartSolar MPPT-250/100 VE.

VictronConnect working fine with iPad and iPhone using 000000, so I don't think the pin code is the problem.

I deleted VictronConnect from my MBP (Big Sur) and reinstalled the App - same problem with both devices.

2 |3000

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

jperez - you are a champion. I reset the pin code on both devices using VictronConnect for the Mac - everything works OK now. Somehow, the Big Sur installation must have corrupted the configuration file on the Mac.

2 |3000

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

nagmavn, looks like you have a similar problem to what I had. The PUK Code is on the back of the BMV-712 Smart. Reset the pin code with VictronConnect for iPhone following the link provided by jperez.

2 |3000