question

Steve Mullins avatar image
Steve Mullins asked

Multiplus Inverter fail in extreme cold

I have my Multiplus Inverter running an electric heater in my Rv this winter. It has been running fine, however this week when the temperatures dropped below 0 the inverter failed. I have verified the power source, but when I attempt to turn the inverter on, it does nothing. I was going to wait till the temps rose above freezing and try again. Is this common, and what else could I check?

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Russell Brown avatar image Russell Brown commented ·
Did you solve your issue, what was the problem ?
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Ole Saether avatar image
Ole Saether answered ·
No, this is not common. I live in Norway and have had four different Multiplus and all of them have been working flawlessly below -20C (-4F) .

Are you sure your batteries are OK?
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Steve Mullins avatar image
Steve Mullins answered ·

I had disconnected the batteries and was running on shore power only. I haven’t attempted to connect the batteries yet. I will reconnect my Lithium batteries when the temperature rises above freezing then recheck the Multiplus and CCGX for any faults.

2 |3000