question

njordan avatar image
njordan asked

MultiplusII + Pylontech during Winter....an issue

Hi,
i loved my Multiplus2 + Pylontech installation during the summer. Most of the excess PV power was stored and i could use it easily during the night.

But now we have winter and almost no sun. so the SOC goes below 30% easily and i receive warnings,....

As i do not want to recharge the battery from grid as it seems like nonsense to me, my question is - how are you dealing with such situations. Is it best to charge the batteries to some decent value and turn off the overall installation for few weeks until in February its getting better?

Anyone can tell me on top what a #1 or a #7 means in the venus GX webgui next to the inverter. NEver have seen this before during summer, and i was wondering what it could mean.

Regards and thanks a lot

Norbert

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Tom h avatar image
Tom h answered ·

Hi Norbert.

"how are you dealing with such situations."

1. reduce electrical energy requirements

2. add more solar panels, a wind turbine, a water turbine, a small generator, or a bigger battery to last a longer time between darker days.

"As i do not want to recharge the battery from grid as it seems like nonsense to me,"

Or you could limit the multiplus charge current to 0amps from the grid and program the multiplus to connect to the grid only when the battery is less then 30% SOC. As an example.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

OK. thanks. the issue is that of course the battery will still reduce its SOC day by day due to i guess the standby power required for several items like venusGX, inverter in stand by.

Is there nobody arround turning off the whole system in bad weather season?

Furthermore, can someone explain to me what #1 and #7 means in the SCHEME view of the GUI....i see this now frequently, during summer i never have seen these numbers next to ESS.

Thanks

2 |3000