question

paul-f avatar image
paul-f asked

Can anyone help with CCGX - Manual Start Stop Time values?

Hi all, Are you all well? Hope so. I have recently got property that has (among many cool things) has a CCGX controller, for which is connected to my network and I can navigate around and use well remotely.
However, I tried to enter a time value into the Manual Start -> Run Time box (from my laptop) but it didn't like what I input and now just has the letter NaN:N and whatever I do, either on my laptop, phone or on the controller itself, I can't remove these letters.
Can anyone tell me how to remove them and for future use, how to correctly input numeric values from my laptop?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Paul F

You should be able to clear it by rebooting the GX. Then try again.

I'm not really sure where you are, but presuming the 'Generator Start' function, I just took a look and can't reproduce it..

Firmware up to date?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paul-f avatar image
paul-f answered ·

HI @JohnC
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I am in:

Device List

Settings

Generator Start/Stop

Manual Start

And then in there, there is a box for the amount of time you would like it to run.

I don't technically own this place just yet (thank you Covid!) so will speak to the guy who does and had it installed and see if he is happy I reboot. Can't think it would cause any issues to reboot it, would it? Hopefully it will keep all its settings.
As for firmware I will have to ask him when it last was updated. The network it is on isn't connected to the internet at the mo.

For future reference, do you know how to enter values in that box? I tried simply using my keypad on my laptop. The guy mentioned above suggested space bar / and or TAB and that's when it didn't like it! (Not shifting blame, of course).

As and when I do reboot I will let you know the result. Thank you for your help so far.

Paul

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

@Paul F

A reboot won't hurt it or lose settings. The screen will just blank/blue out, but will revive in a minute or so.

Current firmware is v2.60, the version can be seen in the GX itself. You'll need www to update it. Leave it for now.

Laptop is the best way to access that line. 'Spacebar' will give you the same screen as available on the CCGX, but just clicking on it will give a number pad which is less clunky. Fill it in and click on the Tick to accept.

But don't try to speedtype through this stuff, response might sometimes be a little hesitant, depending on what the GX is doing. So be patient.

Not so cool to have it baulk on you, hey. But give it some web, and VRM will show you real cool.

If you haven't seen the manual: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start

0 Likes 0 ·