question

michwilli avatar image
michwilli asked

VictronConnect app on Huawei

Hey, can anybody tell me wether the app is running on Huawei devices such as the matepad T8 or T10? Thanks for helping!

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I have the Huawei Y9 phone has worked seamlessly, no different to any other Android device.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Hank

Direct download available here. So no need to have it on a store or app gallery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hank avatar image
hank answered ·

I have a T8 (bought specially for this purpose) and it appears that due to Trumps ban on Huawei it is not possible to get onto the Google playstore. It also appears that Victron have not put the app into the Huawei play store and therefor I have so far been unable to use Victron connect on the T8 (verry irritated!)

2 |3000

hank avatar image
hank answered ·

So it is. Thankyou. I am running Android 10, which versino of the app is correct for this?

2 |3000

hank avatar image
hank answered ·
OS Android 10, EMUI 10, no Google Play Services
Chipset Mediatek MT8768
CPU Octa-core (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.50 GHz Cortex A53)
GPU PowerVR GE8320
1 comment
2 |3000

@Hank

Probably the one for .arm processors.

0 Likes 0 ·
hank avatar image
hank answered ·

Thank you. That has worked a treat. Sorry for late response, went away for a few days 'off internet'

1 comment
2 |3000

No worries. Glad it is sorted
0 Likes 0 ·