question

marian-rada avatar image
marian-rada asked

Help I want to connect a 12v multiplus with a 24v multiplus.

Multiplus12v and 24v.pdf
Can you connect two multiples, one 12v and one 24v as in the attached diagram?
MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

No, it is not possible to connect the AC output of 2 different types of MultiPlus together.

For this configuration, the AC output sine wave must be synchronised, and that requires identical MultiPlus units (and additional configuration).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marian-rada avatar image
marian-rada answered ·
Thanks for the reply
2 |3000

marian-rada avatar image
marian-rada answered ·
But is this scheme functional? conect multiplus.pdf

2 |3000

marian-rada avatar image
marian-rada answered ·
  Hello. Can this connection scheme of two 12v and 48v multiplus inverters be applied?conect-multiplus.jpg

conect-multiplus.jpg (499.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Yes this should be functional, I have never done this myself but I cant see why it would not work, you would be limited to the 12 volts multiplus pass through limit

but it does not gain you much, you would be better off moving the mppt panels across to the 48 volt system ,

You may have reason for not doing the below and you may have allready considered it and it would all depend on the 1 to 1 solar rule as well

this would then allow you to run more loads during the day

just a different perspective

1606912911576.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1606912911576.png (36.1 KiB)
marian-rada avatar image
marian-rada answered ·
Hello
Yes so it is limited by Multi 12v 3000W. But that's how I can make the two Lines work in series even if they are different.
The first Multi of 48v is recognized by Multi 12v as the 220V mains. So many of 12 is "tricked" at the input of many 48v as if connected to the 220v network.
As if you were connecting a generator to the input of the Multi 12 and it synchronizes after the generator, Multi 12V synchronizes after the multi 48v.
So "I fool" Fronius that he has a network.
I think that's right.
Attach the diagram.

2 |3000