question

Bartlomiej avatar image
Bartlomiej asked

Victron Multiplus II shutting off - Error 8 - Grid settings

Hello,

I am trying to build an ESS system for an existing Fronius inverter.
To start with, the devices I have:
2x Victron Multiplus II 48/5000 / 70-50
1x Victron Multiplus II 48/3000 / 35-32
1x Fronius Symo 5.0
1x Victron Cerbo GX

Connection diagram in the attachment.

img-20201123-180151.jpg

I have not yet connected devices via VE.BUS, as the system rejects Multiplus 3000, I probably need to update the Firmware, which I will do on Sunday.

But what worries me I have set the Grid standard Germany with internal NS protection and the inverter throws error 8.
After updating the Firmware (I updated both Victron 5000), the float is on and the bulk is blinking.
I tried different setups and sometimes Grid Austria worked, sometimes Australia, but no rule. For example, on the Europe setting, it does not work at all.
When set to None it works fine, but ESS Assistant requires Grid Code to be set.

I was observing the Grid parameters and the voltage oscillates around 235-240V and the frequency 49.8-50.1 Hz, so it seems ok.

Is there any mistake in the wiring diagram that could cause Victron errors?

I will be grateful for every tip.

I will add that I do not need 3 phases. The Victron 3000 is only there so that you can use all your energy with Fronius. All devices that I have at home are powered by 230V.
Best regards,
Bartek.

P.S.
Sorry for my English, I hope it is understandable.

grid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

For 3-phase system you need 3 identical units.

Changing firmware in this MultiPlus 3000 will not help.

You have to replace it with MultiPlus 5000.

You say that you do not need 3-phase but your drawing says otherwise.

If all MPs are independent, you cannot use only one battery for all of them and VE,bus interconnection is not needed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bartlomiej avatar image
Bartlomiej answered ·

If I do not connect at least both Victron 5000 with Cerbo, then it will not be the system that will not know when and how much Fronius is producing.
Can it be configured differently? So that all devices are standalone?

In any case, it's mostly about Grid settings. Why Victron won't start on Germany settings?

1 comment
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

If you connect MP-IIs like on your drawing and not interconnect them on VE,bus, it will probably work as long each MP-II has its own battery pack.

I am not sure, but you would probably need GX device for each MP-II and Fronius could only be connected on the AC-in side of this system (not as in your drawing).

It will not be 3 phase system when grid fails.

Try reading about this system here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/whitepapers

You will find most of the answers there.

I did.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic