question

Jan Zmrhala avatar image
Jan Zmrhala asked

Can I adjust the Grid code to allow higher voltages?

Hello,

is there a way to edit grid code? I need to set the maximum and minimum voltage range. I need the Multiplus II to accept maximum of 260 V from the grid. Now according to the grid code it accept maximum od 255 than it shut down the grid.

Thank you.

grid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I would not be possible to edit the grid code. The grid codes are a strict set of rules governed by your country's utility supplier. Victron (or any other manufacturer) do not make up these rules.
Editing the grid code would like making up your own rules, that would be pointless.

If your electricity supply is not being delivered to you according to the very rules that your supplier dictates, then you should contact your electricity supplier and have them remedy the fault of their network.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jan Zmrhala avatar image Jan Zmrhala commented ·

Hello, in this case can I define mine grid code? My supplier will change (decrease) the voltage after grid analysis, which can take up to three months. In the mean time the system will not work. For example fronius allows installers to edit the predefined grid codes.

Your answer was clear to me (we allready filled a claim on the distributor) but we are trying to solve this issue earlier. The easiest way is to add voltage relay to instalation which will turn downd the grid but changing the grid code will be ideal. Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Jan Zmrhala avatar image Jan Zmrhala Jan Zmrhala commented ·

The problem here is that when the grid is connected but the voltage is too high the system will not use AC and will not discharge the battery under the set minimum SOC and will shut down the load. When there is no voltage on AC IN, the battery will be diacharge even under the set minimum SOC.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic