question

Chris Van Dyke avatar image
Chris Van Dyke asked

MultiPlus trickle charge function

I have a MultiPlus 2000 watt inverter/charger. I would like to use the trickle charge function to charge my AGM start battery. The primary charger is used to charge 2 Victron lithium house batteries. Can I mix battery types between trickle and main charger?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
d-winterburn avatar image
d-winterburn answered ·

I see no reason why the trickle charge output cannot be used on any battery type. The trickle charge is isolated from the main charge side and regulated and current limited within the MultiPlus. I will be connecting the trickle charge to the engine battery of my van while the Multiplus battery connections will be handling my BattleBorn bank. I've tested the connectivity in this manner in my shop and have no doubts that it will operate just as Victron describes.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ltmonger avatar image ltmonger commented ·
What location - intermediate or directly on terminal - are you connecting on chassis battery to the MP trickle charge terminal? What type of cable are you using?
0 Likes 0 ·
Henk avatar image
Henk answered ·

I know there is an dedicated positive terminal for the trickle charge point, but in my case my negatives is isolated from the starter battery. Which negative should I be using then for charging the starter battery

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
The negatives must be common between starter and house batteries.
0 Likes 0 ·