question

jdw avatar image
jdw asked

Suggestions for load-shedding relay configuration

Looking for some suggestions on the best software configuration approach to trigger a relay from an NC to NO when the SOC reaches a given %. Wanting to setup external load-shedding (ABB contactors) in an off-grid system for all but the most critical loads when the lithium batteries get low (REC BMS, Nissan modules).

I haven't tried it yet but I figure I can set this up with VE-Configure using an assistant. That said, I'm just curious if anyone else has done this and any suggestions they might have regarding configurations they have used, either using the GX relay or the Multiplus relay (MPII 5K).

Thanks for any input.

offgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
trip-tracks avatar image
trip-tracks answered ·

You can do this without any wiring if you are using a MultiPlus or MultiPlus-II with 2 AC outputs.
AC Out 2 is controlled via an internal relay. You can configure an assistant to control if AC Out 2 is live depending on SOC.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jdw avatar image jdw commented ·

Definitely a possibility there, thanks for the input Trip-Tracks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources