question

Dave Anderer avatar image
Dave Anderer asked

Which Battery monitor

I'll be installing a Multiplus and Cerbo GX on a boat. What battery monitor do I want? I want the data available on my phone and via N2K.

As I see it, the SmartShunt would work - has BT which I don't need (right?) and no dedicated display.

I think a 712 would work, but again has BT - unneeded?

A 702 or 700? Would they work? What is the difference between them?

Thanks.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ess-and-solar-solutions avatar image
ess-and-solar-solutions answered ·

@dave-anderer

BMV-702 additional features over 700 below. 712 is in essence 702 with bluetooth added.

"Additional input to measure voltage (of a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage, and corresponding alarm and relay settings."

I personally think having the redundancy of a monitor proves it's worth when your phone is not close. The bluetooth however makes for easy device configuration using the Victron connect app and can also used for smartnetworking. (NOTE that Cerbo bluetooth is ONLY for initial setup and currently has no other purpose.)

Ultimately only you will know what your requirements are ;)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dave Anderer avatar image Dave Anderer commented ·

Thanks much!

0 Likes 0 ·
freelanderuk avatar image
freelanderuk answered ·

If you want the data to show on your phone ,you will need the Victron connect app and BT from the phone and from which ever battery monitor you buy to connect to each other

1 comment
2 |3000

Dave Anderer avatar image Dave Anderer commented ·

I assumed Cerbo GX would give the BT I needed, so the monitor itself didn't need BT. Correct?

0 Likes 0 ·