question

blskevin avatar image
blskevin asked

DVCC to limit total charge current?

I have a parallel multiplus system, with a BMV712, and CERBO GX connected to a FLA battery bank on my boat.

I am interested in limiting charge current when the engine alternator is producing as well as the generator as to not exceed the charge current acceptance rate of my batteries.

A method that we have discussed is using a AUX input on the master multiplus to trigger a reduction in the output capability of the multiplus units. This aux contact would be tied to a “main engine running” signal.

I am certain that this method would work, but there might be a better way.

Could I turn on DVCC on the CERBO GX and have it limit the charge current by using the value supplied by the BMV712?

That would be the best method in that it would be dynamic.

Please let me know.

Thanks!!!

DVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
blskevin avatar image
blskevin answered ·

I will answer my own question because I tried it on my own live system.

While the CERBO might be aware of the charge current the batteries are receiving through the BMV it does not take this into account when using DVCC.

This means that alternative sources of charge current, for example a engine alternator, or non GX solar, or any other charge source is not included in the charge current calculation for DVCC.

For my installation I’m using assistant to limit AC input which in effect limits charge current. This assistant triggers on aux input 1 which is closed by a relay on my main engines run circuit. This limits charging of the multi’s when the engine alternator is running.

This is not the optimum solution, as I would greatly prefer a DVCC that is BMV aware, but it works.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
alpin28 avatar image
alpin28 answered ·

Verstehe ich das richtig, oder funktioniert das DVCC nicht mit einem BMV712?

Ich habe es gestern wieder getestet und die Spannung wird einfach ignoriert.

Ich hatte vorher auf Automatic und habe heute auf BMV umgestellt?

Vielleicht war das der Fehler?

1675664727258.png

1675664727258.png (28.1 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Please read the De DVCC manual.

Re SVS and SCS.

0 Likes 0 ·
alpin28 avatar image alpin28 klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Ich habe schon einige Einstellungen getestet und es funktioniert nicht, des wegen Frage ich BMV712 auswählen. Würde das den Fehler beheben?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@kevgermany Can you help please?

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

DVCC functioniert richtig mit einem BMV712.

Aber die Orions sind nicht controlliert. Trotzdem, MPPT, Multiplus, USW sind begrenzt durch DVCC.

Über Batteriewachter hab ich keine Ahnung.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@Alpin28

Update.

Bitte eine neue detailliert Frage im Deutschsprachige Bereich schreiben.

2 |3000

Related Resources