question

stevecounsell avatar image
stevecounsell asked

Solar Panels - is more or bigger a better choice

I’m trying to decide whether to go for a single 200 watt panel or 2 X 100 watt pannels feeding into a Smart MPPT 100/30 charge controller, linking into 3 X 100Amh Yuasa EFB Batteries.

This is for a motorhome in constant use travelling mainly in UK, France and Spain.

I understand from other posts that 2 panels wired in series might be better than a single due to the panel output needing to be +5Vdc above the battery voltage.

Off course the confusion is that a single 200 watt panel is 24 volt while the 100 watt panels are 12 volt.

Solar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Steve. The panels you're talking are essentially the same thing. Like 2 halves making one whole. For you though with that cc & batts, a single 300-330 watter would be good too.. :)

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stevecounsell avatar image stevecounsell commented ·

So they’re essentially the same thing and no difference in charge output. I rather like the idea of a 300 watt panel. I’ll have a look at that :)

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ stevecounsell commented ·

No need to stop there either. A couple of 200's or 250's would help 'weather' poor days as well. You've plenty options, just get matched panels.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic