question

djrmml avatar image
djrmml asked

Orion 24/48 Engine running detection

Unfortunately the orion 24/48 doesn't come with a smart functionality, is there a good alternative/aftermarket for engine running detection?

Application: LMTV Camper

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @djrmml

It should be just a matter of a single wire from your engine 'ignition' to it's remote port.

There's a lot of Orion models, and the manuals are downloadable from the website, but maybe this is it? https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Orion-Tr-isolated-DC-DC-converters-EN-FR-NL-ES-IT-DE-.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

djrmml avatar image
djrmml answered ·

There is no possibility to get a signal wire from the LMTV, the solution im looking for is a simple voltage comparator that switches a relay on when the battery voltage is above a certain threshold indicating that the alternator is delivering current to the batteries.

I need something thats ready to use and can be hooked up instantly.

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Yeh ok. I don't personally know of anything standalone & simple. I use a similar Orion and switch it with an Assistant in a Multiplus, but you don't mention any other kit on hand..

0 Likes 0 ·
djrmml avatar image
djrmml answered ·

So if made my own pcb with a mcu that controls the Victron Orion. Al is working well couldn't be more happy!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic